WAA Road Race League Update (13-Apr-2020)
*2020 WRRL update*
As you are aware, given the current circumstances, many events around the country are being reviewed, cancelled or postponed.
The current situation (12 April – updated with revised Comtpon Bassett 5 date) regarding the 2020 WRRL is as follows:
· Race 1: Devizes Half Marathon = (POSTPONED until 4th October)
· Race 2: Highworth 5 = CANCELLED, no 2020 event
· Race 3: Westbury 5k Series* (19 May – CANCELLED, 16 June, 21 July, 18 August)
· Race 4: Shrewton Bustard 10k = CANCELLED, no 2020 event
· Race 5: Compton Bassett 5 Mile (POSTPONED until 23rd August)
· Race 6: Great Chalfield 10k (25 June)
· Race 7: Melksham 10k (12 July)
· Race 8: Frome 10k (19 July)
· Race 9: Two Tunnels 10k (16 August)
· Race 10: Devizes 10k (27 Sept)
Extra event, as an opportunity to pick up points for each club: Hullavington Marathon relay event (20 September)
As things stand, there are currently 8 races remaining within the 2020 league along with the additional chance to gain points for your club at the Hullavington Marathon relay. With this in mind, the current plan will be to adjust the 2020 rules to allow for an 8 race league with the best 7 races to score. The relay scores will be in addition to this, an extra opportunity for each club to gain points.
Clearly this is an evolving situation and we will endeavour to keep you all updated if anything changes further. Please keep checking Facebook, emails and the websites for the latest advice and event changes.
Stay Safe – follow government advice.