Updated calendar below for the fixtures that will form the 2021 WRRL:
- Chippenham 10k: 23rd June – COMPLETED!
- Great Chalfield 10k: 24th June
- Castle Combe (Midweek) 10k: 14th July
- Westbury 5k Series: Tuesday 13th July 2021 and Tuesday 10th August 2021
- Frome 10k: 18th July
- Malmesbury 10k: 29th August
- Corsham 10k: 26th September
It is worth noting that many events are also not coming back for 2021, hence the reduced calendar of races.
Historically the WRRL has been the best 8 of the 10 fixtures scoring for both teams and individuals. It was agreed by the WAA committee some time ago now that this would reduce to best 6 of 8 races to reduce fixture congestion, partly also to enable separation from the WORL. As you will see, there are seven fixtures for 2021 and this reflects the reduced availability of races within the time frame in Wiltshire.
For 2021 scores will subsequently be based on the best 5 of 7 races for both clubs and individuals.
Here’s to a safe and gradual return to racing resurrecting the friendly inter club competition that we all know and love