2023 WILTSHIRE ROAD RACE LEAGUE (WRRL)
I am delighted to be able to announce the fixtures that will form the 2023 WRRL
The events will be as follows (with best 6 of 8 races scoring):
- Race 1: Devizes Half Marathon – 2nd April (LPS Events) – OPEN
- Race 2: Corsham 10k Corsham 10k – 23rd April (Corsham RC) – OPEN (SOLD OUT)
- Race 3: Heddington 5k Series* – 20th June / 18th July / 15th Aug (Calne RC) *your best time across all 3 races will count for the league result from which team points will be decided.
- Race 4: Broad Town 5 – 17th June (County Championship 5 mile road race) (RWBH)
- Race 5: Great Chalfield 10k – 29th June (Stampede Sports) – OPEN
- Race 6: Langley Burrell 10k – 13th Aug (County Championship 10k road race) (DBMax)
- Race 7: Chippenham Half – date tbc (County Championship half marathon road race) (Chippenham Harriers) (County Championship half marathon road race) (Chippenham Harriers)
- Race 8: Devizes 10k, 24th Sept (Devizes RC) – OPEN
Where an event is listed as a county championship race, this means the event will be the county championship race for the distance in 2023. The first 3 male and female Wiltshire eligible athletes across the line in those chosen events will be crowned county gold (champion) / silver / bronze for the distance for 2023. Veteran categories will be included on a gold medal basis.
***A note for all competitors: Please try to commit to races early (6 weeks before race day) to help race organisers provision for medical, chip timing, medals, HQ facilities (such as toilet rental), refreshments and drink stations. It was a common theme in 2022 where organisers were close to cancelling races due to lack of entries 6 weeks before race day.***
Best of luck to all those competing in 2023! I’ll look forward to seeing you all on the start line
Web Page to be set up shortly…