Our Road Race Secretary says:
I’m delighted to be able to announce below the fixtures that will form the 2019 WRRL. As always, I have done my best to give a good cross-section of new races together with some old favourites and this year we also have a new twist with an additional relay event, as described below. Any questions, please direct them to me using our contact form.
- Race 1: Good Friday 10 Miler (19 April)
- *Race 2: Corsham 10k (28 April)
- Race 3: The Shrewton Bustard 10k (19 May)
- *Race 4: Broad Town 5 (15 June)
- Race 5: NEW RACE UNDER ORGANISATION – YET TO BE ANNOUNCED (End June provisionally)
- Race 6: Heddington 5k Series (14 May, 11 June & 9 July) – as per 2017 when this event was last in the league, a virtual result will be calculated at the end of the series and your best time will count for the league/virtual result from which team points will be decided)
- Race 7: Colerne Under the Posts 5 Miler (21 July)
- Race 8: Two Tunnels Relay event (5 x 10km) – this will be a team event, all 5 runners must be from your club (18 August)
- *Race 9: Chippenham Half Marathon (8 September)
- Race 10: Devizes 10k (29 September)
- Race 11: Clock Change Challenge 10k (27 October)
Please note, the relay event will NOT count towards the individual standings, hence there are 11 races. For the individual standings, it will still be your best 8 of the 10 races to count. The relay event will be an opportunity for your club to gain extra points. It’s an extra event to build an added element to the league.
*Denotes the County Championship race for the distance in 2019. More details are available here.