Latest Cross Country Posts
- Wiltshire Off-Road League Table Updates15th January 2022 As we finally enter 2022 and hope to see life return to pre-Covid normality, we are now ready to publish the results of the League, post Race #4 (Plain Crazy). We are now half way through this years League calendar. We can also anticipate the widely popular Slaughterford 9 (actually 8.5m) on […]
- British Inter-Counties Senior Mountain Race and Junior Hill & Fell ChampionshipsTo all County Secretaries: I would like to advise you of the dates & venues for the 2022 British Inter-Counties Senior Mountain Race and Junior Hill & Fell Championships: The Senior British Inter-Counties Mountain Race is organised on behalf of the UK Counties Athletics Union by the Mountain Running Advisory Group Sub-Committee (MRAG) of British […]
- UK Inter County Cross County Championships – call to action!Simon Nott – 12th January 2022 Calling senior County athletes. Over the coming days Denise (Nott) and I will be selecting the senior men and women’s teams who will represent Wiltshire at the UK Inter County Cross Country Championships. Whilst we endeavour to make our knowledge of the county’s athletes all encompassing, if you are […]
- SW Counties Cross-Country Championships 2022 – ResultsMonday 3rd January 2022 – Alexander Copping Happy New Year! The race results from the 2022 SW Counties Cross-Country Championships have been published and can be found here – https://view.officeapps.live.com/op/view.aspx?src=http%3A%2F%2Fs250914043.websitehome.co.uk%2FSouthWest%2FResults%2FSWIC2022Results.xlsx&wdOrigin=BROWSELINK Well done all Wiltshire athletes who competed in the South West Cross Country Championships on the 2nd January 2022. There were many great performances and good […]
- Tri & Wiltshire County Cross Country ResultsUPDATED Monday 20th December 2021 Tri-County (Avon, Somerset and Wiltshire) XC Championships 2021 were held at the University of Bath on Sunday, December 19th, 2021. The event was open to athletes with a county affiliation to Avon, Somerset or Wiltshire. Congratulations to everyone who ran in the cross country championships. Despite some very misty conditions […]
About Cross Country
Cross Country running is an essential part of most endurance athletes training as it builds both mental and physical toughness.
Wiltshire County Championships
The County provides access to a high level of competition via the Wiltshire County Cross Country Championships. From this event athletes are selected for the South West Cross Country Championships and may then go on to represent Wiltshire in the National Inter Counties Cross Country Championships at the end of the season.
The Wiltshire County Championship is typically held as part of the single Tri-County race held at the end of the current year.
South West Inter-Counties Championships
Following the Tri County XC Championships, selection will be made for the EA SW Cross Country Championships, please can you indicate your availability for this event at the Tri County Championships and/or enter the EA SW Cross Country Championships to be considered for Wiltshire team selection.
National Inter-Counties Championships
Following the SW-XC Championships, selection will be made for the National Inter Counties XC.
All age group teams will consist of up to 8 athletes. Reserves may be nominated.
For more information concerning Cross Country running in the county please contact the XC secretary.